Mon, 20 Mar|
LIVE & ONLINE
ONLINE Mono printing 20 March
Join me in my studio (via zoom) for a wonderful mono printing workshop experience. It’s a unique and delightful technique and definitely one of my favourites! 😃
Time & Location
20 Mar 2023, 10:00 – 13:00
LIVE & ONLINE
About the event
During this mono printing workshop you'll explore the principles of this unique process and print a selection of your own fabrics.
I always feel mono printing results are akin to watercolours but on fabric and the effects are un-repeatable making this process so wonderfully unique and so totally different from any other silk screen printing process.
The results are beautiful on their own but also excellent as the base for free machine embroidery.
Even though is is an online workshop, places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment 😉.
you will need some silk screen printing equipment to hand:
- A blank/open silk screen...A4 or similar size is great plus an corresponding squeegee
- A basic range of procion mx dyes
- manutex thickener
- Bicarbonate of soda
- If not using Bicarb of soda, you can pre-soak your cloth in a soda ash solution...I will use Bicarb of soda
- 100% cotton, viscose or silk plain weave cloth.... I suggest cotton to start with. If you sense your fabric may have a coating, it's a good idea to wash it in advance.
- A selection of mark making tools/brushes
- An airer/clothes line and pegs
- An iron and ironing cloth
- A steamer if you have one
- Rubber gloves & apron
- Some rock salt &/or rice
- Washing up liquid
- A slightly padded/wipeable surface to print upon
- Notebook and pen
- Inspirational images to work from...ideally your own work
We will have a break mid morning plus plenty of time to review results and for me to respond to any relevant questions. Due to the length and 'live' nature of this workshop, cannot be recorded.
The evening before the workshop, I'll send you the zoom link, so please look out for it.
ONLINE Mono printing 20th Marc
Live and Online…please check you have all the materials required£45.00