Sat, 01 Dec|
Print and Repeat Exhibition
If you have learnt to silk screen print with me, you have to opportunity to exhibit with me and be included in an accompanying book/catalogue.
Time & Location
01 Dec 2018, 23:47
About the event
Following on from the continuing sucess of Collective Stitches this is a fabulous opportunity to get involved with a new touring exhibition and book based around PRINT. It brings together all those students from across the world, who have learnt to print with me in an accessible way!
Be part of a high profile group of international exhibiting textile artists
- Your work will be published in a full colour book to support the touring exhibition. There will be a 'how to' element to this book which you can also contribute towards.
- Two venues are secured: NEC March 2019 & Hawar The Netherlands!
- Submit between 3 to 5 hand printed scarves [using the techniques learnt on my workshop]. Each piece approx 180 x 45 cm: no theme.
- Use wool, cotton, silk, viscose...whatever you like...but PREDOMINANT techniques used MUST be print orientated. I shall offer suggestions of suppliers of ready made/hand rolled scarves plus other alternatives.
- Use manutex monoprinting, paper stenciling, flour paste resist, breakdown printing or devore...No thermofax screens or photo elmulsion images etc...ONLY 'Accessible' methods.
- Your work will be for sale - [varying venues may charge a commission]
- Your payment covers photography for the book/catalogue, transportation and installation of the exhibitions.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss you work at these exhibition if you wish to help out [although is isn't obligatory].
- Closing date for registration is 30th November 2018
- Your work will needs to arrive during the 30th January 2019 - a few images in advance will allow me to ensure your work is appropriate for the exhbition [ie the right size/techniques and no offensive imagery!]. You will be send the address etc
- In return for taking part, you have the opportunity to exhibit/sell your work internationally plus you will receive a PRINT & REPEAT book and have the opportuntiy to purchase further copies at a reduced price.
- EXTRA!! You will have 2 months access to the full Accessible Silk Screen Printing workshop [as a bit of an aide memoir] and you'll be part of a supportive online group to help you through the creative process...you're not on your own!!
Interested?...what do the Collective Stitchers feel about their experience?
“During the Dionne’s online courses, students from all over the world share their work and build virtual friendships….this exhibition builds on the camaraderie of learning and stitching together and allows others to enjoy the works produced by students across the globe.….” Maggie Rastall [UK]
“It’s hard to express yourself when English isn’t your first language but I just want to say that I’m so impressed about your efforts Dionne making this come true. You are a great teacher and I hope to be one of your students again soon. So thank you!” Eva Albrektsson [Sweden]
As the group gathers I will contact you all collectively and set up a secure place for us to chat and support the development of your work.
Print and Repeat Exhibiting
Submit up to 3 scarves to this touring exhibition.